cheng (chĕng, jĕng) [key], Chinese stringed instrument similar to the zither. It is also spelled jeng and tseng.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on cheng from Infoplease:
- Ah Cheng - Ah Cheng Ah Cheng , pseud. of Zhong Acheng,1949–, Chinese writer and painter. His father, the ...
- Li Tzu-cheng - Li Tzu-cheng Li Tzu-cheng , 1605–45, Chinese rebel leader who contributed to the fall of the ...
- Cheng-chou - Cheng-chou: Cheng-chou: see Zhengzhou, China.
- Cheng Ho - Cheng Ho Cheng Ho or Zheng He, 1371–c.1433, admiral, diplomat, and explorer during ...
- Chiang Kai-shek: meaning and definitions - Chiang Kai-shek: Definition and Pronunciation