Camelot (kămˈəlŏt) [key], in Arthurian legend, the seat of King Arthur's court. The origin of the name is unknown. It has been variously located at Cadbury Camp, Somerset; Winchester; Camelford; and Caerleon.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Camelot from Infoplease:
- Camelot: meaning and definitions - Camelot: Definition and Pronunciation
- Quest For Camelot - Starring Jessalyn Gilsig, Cary Elwes, Gary Oldman, Pierce Brosnan, Bryan White
- Quest for Camelot - Quest for Camelot Director: Frederik Du Chau Writers: Kirk De Micco, William Schifrin, Jacqueline ...
- Camelote - Camelote (2 syl.). Fustian, rubbish, trash. The cloth so called ought to be made of goats' ...
- Camelot - Camelot (Somersetshire), where King Arthur held his court. (See Winchester.) Source: Dictionary of ...