Daughter of Zion. Jerusalem or its inhabitants. The city of
David stood on Mount Zion. Zion and Jerusalem were pretty much in the
same relation to each other as Old and New Edinburgh. (Hebrew, Tsiyon, a hill.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Zion from Infoplease:
- Zion, city, United States - Zion Zion , city (1990 pop. 19,775), Lake co., extreme NE Ill., on Lake Michigan; inc. 1902. ...
- Protocols of the Elders of Zion - Protocols of the Elders of Zion Protocols of the Elders of Zion, a fraudulent document that ...
- Zion, in the Bible - Zion Zion or Sion, section of Jerusalem, defined in the Bible as the City of David. Originally the ...
- Zion: meaning and definitions - Zion: Definition and Pronunciation
- African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church - African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church, Methodist ...