Arabia Felix. Felix is a mistranslation by Ptolemy of Yemen,
which means to the “right” —i.e. of Mecca. (See Stony
Beautiful are the maids that glide
On summer-eves through Yemen's dales.
Thomas Moore: Fire-Worshippers.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Yemen from Infoplease:
- Yemen - Information on Yemen — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.
- Yemen - Map of Yemen & articles on flags, geography, history, statistics, disasters current events, and international relations.
- South Yemen: meaning and definitions - South Yemen: Definition and Pronunciation
- Southern Yemen: meaning and definitions - Southern Yemen: Definition and Pronunciation
- Yemen: meaning and definitions - Yemen: Definition and Pronunciation