brother of the Woodfall of Junius, and editor of the
Morning Chronicle. Woodfall would attend a debate, and,
without notes, report it accurately next morning. He was
called Memory Woodfall. (1745-1803.)
W. Radcliffe could do the same.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Woodfall from Infoplease:
- Woodfall - Woodfall brother of the Woodfall of Junius, and editor of the Morning Chronicle. Woodfall would ...
- Tom Jones (1963) - Starring George Devine, Rachel Kempson, Angela Baddeley, Joyce Redman, Jack MacGowran
- Darby and Joan - Darby and Joan A loving, old-fashioned, virtuous couple. The names belong to a ballad written by ...
- Memory - Memory Magliabechi, of Florence, the book-lover, was called “the universal index and living ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: W - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "W"