A reduplication of wash. Any thin liquor for drinking.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Wish-wash from Infoplease:
- wish-wash: meaning and definitions - wish-wash: Definition and Pronunciation
- Wish-wash - Wish-wash A reduplication of wash. Any thin liquor for drinking. Source: Dictionary of Phrase and ...
- Skillygolee - Skillygolee Slip-slop, wish-wash, twaddle, talk about gruel. “Skilly” is prison-gruel ...
- Reduplicated - Reduplicated or Ricochet Words, of intensifying force. Chit-chat, click-clack, clitter-clatter, ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: W - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "W"