(The). The shedding of tears. Many other
“ `Oh, miss, I never thought to have seen this day,' and
the waterworks began to play.”
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Waterworks from Infoplease:
- water supply - water supply water supply, process or activity by which water is provided for some use, e.g., to a ...
- waterworks - waterworks: waterworks: see water supply.
- waterworks: meaning and definitions - waterworks: Definition and Pronunciation
- Waterworks - Waterworks (The). The shedding of tears. Many other meanings also. “ `Oh, miss, I never ...
- Edward SAUERHERING - Edward SAUERHERING (1864-1924) SAUERHERING, Edward, a Representative from Wisconsin; born in ...