Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Warming-pan from Infoplease:
- warming pan: meaning and definitions - warming pan: Definition and Pronunciation
- Warming-pan - Warming-pan (See Jacobites.) Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894 Related ...
- Jacobites - Jacobites (3 syl.). The partisans of James II. (when William III. superseded him), his son, and ...
- Louisa May Alcott: The P.C. and P.O. - As spring came on, a new set of amusements became the fashion, and the lengthening days gave long afternoons for work and play of all sorts. The garde
- Amy Lowell: Nightmare: A Tale for an Autumn Evening - It was a gusty night, With the wind booming, and swooping, Looping round corners, Sliding over the cobble-stones, Whipping and veering, And careering