Vox et Praeterea Nihil
Echo; a threat not followed out. When the Lacedemonian plucked
the nightingale, on seeing so little substance he exclaimed, “Vox tu
es, et nihil praeterea.” ($$$. Plut. Opp. Mor. Apophthegmata
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Vox et Praeterea Nihil from Infoplease:
- vox et praeterea nihil: meaning and definitions - vox et praeterea nihil: Definition and Pronunciation
- Vox et Praeterea Nihil - Vox et Praeterea Nihil Echo; a threat not followed out. When the Lacedemonian plucked the ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index vis visa visage Visakhapatnam Visalia visard vis-à-vis Visayan Visayan ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: V - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "V"
- Preface - I MUST begin this series of translations of the Sacred Books of the East with three cautions: the first, referring to the character of the original te