Valley of the Shadow of Death
through which Christian had to pass in
order to get to the Celestial City. The prophet Jeremiah describes it
as a “wilderness, a land of deserts and of pits, a land of drought and
of the shadow of death” (ii. 6); and the Psalmist says, “Though I walk
through the valley of `he shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for
Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me” (xxiii. 4).
“The light there is darkness, and the way full of traps and gins to
catch the unwary.” —Bunyan: Pilgrim's Progress, pt. i.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Valley of the Shadow of Death from Infoplease:
- Valley of the Shadow of Death - Valley of the Shadow of Death through which Christian had to pass in order to get to the Celestial ...
- Psalms: 23 - A Psalm of David…
- Valley of Humiliation - Valley of Humiliation The place where Christian encountered Apollyon, just before he came to the ...
- Erebus - Erebus Darkness. The gloomy cavern underground through which the Shades had to walk in their ...
- Letter from Wendell Phillips, Esq. - Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave. 1 - Preface Frederick Douglass - 3 ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring