the son of Chingachcook; called in French Le Cerf Agile (Deerfoot); introduced into three of Fenimore Cooper's novels- viz. The Last of the Mohicans, The Pathfinder, and The Pioncer.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Uncas from Infoplease:
- Uncas: meaning and definitions - Uncas: Definition and Pronunciation
- Uncas - Uncas Uncas , c.1588–c.1683, chief of the Mohegan. Uncas was a subchief of the Pequot, but ...
- Uncas - Uncas the son of Chingachcook; called in French Le Cerf Agile (Deerfoot); introduced into three of ...
- American-Indian Biographies—A to Z - Read biographies of notable American Indians, including Sherman Alexie, Buffy Sainte-Marie, Will Rogers, Jim Thorpe, Sitting Bull, Tecumseh, and more.
- Miantonomo - Miantonomo Miantonomo , d. 1643, chief of the Narragansett; nephew of another chief, Canonicus. In ...