Son of Count Siegendorf. He rescues Stralenheim from the Oder,
but, being informed by his father that the man he had saved is the
enemy of their house, he murders him. (Byron: Werner.)
Much honoured by fishermen. He died 973 on ashes strewed in the
form of a cross upon the floor.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Ulric from Infoplease:
- Ulric - Ulric Son of Count Siegendorf. He rescues Stralenheim from the Oder, but, being informed by his ...
- Ulric, Lenore - Ulric, Lenore actress Birthplace: New Ulm, Minn. Born: 1894 Died: 1970 Information Please® ...
- Ivan VI - Ivan VI Ivan VI, 1740–64, czar of Russia (1740–41), great-grandson of Ivan V. He was ...
- Jeremias Gotthelf - Gotthelf, Jeremias Gotthelf, Jeremias , 1797–1854, Swiss writer and clergyman. His real name ...
- Werner - Werner alias Kruitzner, alias Count Siegendorf. Being driven from the dominion of his father, he ...