(2 syl.). A Russian term for an edict either proceeding from
the senate or direct from the emperor. (Russian, ukaza, an
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Ukase from Infoplease:
- ukase: meaning and definitions - ukase: Definition and Pronunciation
- Ukase - Ukase (2 syl.). A Russian term for an edict either proceeding from the senate or direct from the ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index U, u uakari UAM ua mau ke ea o ka aina i ka pono u. and l.c. UAW U.B. Ubangi ...
- Alaska: History - History Russian Colonization The disastrous voyage of Vitus Bering and Aleksey Chirikov in 1741 ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: U - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "U"