Slave, villain. A term of reproach used by the Greeks of
You young Turk,
a playful reprimand to a young mischievous child.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Turk from Infoplease:
- Turks - Turks CBS Midseason Debut Thursday 9:00–10:00 p.m. Cast: Matthew Armstrong, Helen Carey, ...
- Turks and Caicos Islands - Information on Turks and Caicos Islands — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities.
- Danilo Türk - Türk, Danilo Türk, Danilo, 1952–, Slovenian lawyer and diplomat, president of ...
- Grand Turk: meaning and definitions - Grand Turk: Definition and Pronunciation
- Turk: meaning and definitions - Turk: Definition and Pronunciation