When Charles IX. introduced Henri of Navarre to Marie Touchet,
he requested him to make an anagram on her name, and Henri thereupon
wrote the following: Je charme tout.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Touchet from Infoplease:
- Touchet - Touchet When Charles IX. introduced Henri of Navarre to Marie Touchet, he requested him to make an ...
- Charles Henry LEAVY - Charles Henry LEAVY (1884-1952) LEAVY, Charles Henry, a Representative from Washington; born on a ...
- Anagrams - Anagrams Dame Eleanor Davies (prophetess in the reign of Charles I) = Never so mad a lady. Gustavus ...
- The Last Stage of the Columbia - On the thirteenth of April the party reached the series of falls and rapids which they called the Long Narrows. At the point reached the river is conf
- Overland east of the Columbia - It was now early in May, and the expedition, travelling eastward along Touchet Creek, were in the country of their friends, the Chopunnish. On the thi