(Doctor), who resided some time in the court of Charles
V. of Spain. He was tried by the Inquisition for sorcery, and confessed
that the spirit Cequiel took him from Valladolid to Rome and back again
in an hour and a half. (Pelicer.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Torralba from Infoplease:
- Torralba: meaning and definitions - Torralba: Definition and Pronunciation
- Torralba - Torralba (Doctor), who resided some time in the court of Charles V. of Spain. He was tried by the ...
- Cequiel - Cequiel (3 syl.). A spirit who transported Torralba from Valladolid' to Rome and back again in ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index top topaz topaz quartz top banana top billing top boot top brass topcastle topcoat ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: T - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "T"