Waiting for Tom Long- i.e. a wearisome long time. The pun, of
course, is on the word long.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Tom Long from Infoplease:
- Tom Long - Tom Long Waiting for Tom Long- i.e. a wearisome long time. The pun, of course, is on the word long. ...
- Cheaper by the Dozen 2 - Starring Steve Martin, Bonnie Hunt, Piper Perabo, Tom Welling, Hilary Duff
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index Liu Pang Liu Shaoqi Liuzhou livable live liveable live-action livebearer lived ...
- The Dish - Starring Sam Neill, Tom Long, Patrick Warburton, Kevin Harrington, Genevieve Mooy
- Tom - Tom Between “Tom” and “Jack” there is a vast difference. “Jack” ...