[Tiziano Vecellio]. An Italian landscape painter,
celebrated for the fine effects of his clouds. (1477-1576.)
Not Titian's pencil e'er could so array,
So fleece with clouds the pure ethereal space.
Thomson: Castle of
Indolence, can to i.
The French Titian.
Jacques Blanchard, the painter (1600-1638). The Titian of
Portugal. Alonzo Sanchez Coello (1515-1590).
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Titian from Infoplease:
- Titian: meaning and definitions - Titian: Definition and Pronunciation
- Titian - Titian Titian , c.1490–1576, Venetian painter, whose name was Tiziano Vecellio, b. Pieve di ...
- Titian - Biography of Titian, Renaissance Venetian master who painted Venus of Urbino
- Titian: Bibliography - Bibliography See studies by H. E. Wethey (2 vol., 1970, 1972), C. Hope (1980), F. Lanzi (1986), and ...
- Titian: Stylistic Periods - Stylistic Periods Titian's work may be divided into three phases. The first is marked by the ...