(A). An animal tied up by hunters in a jungle to be killed by a
tiger. This is a lure to attract the tiger preparatory to a
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Tiger-kill from Infoplease:
- Tiger-kill - Tiger-kill (A). An animal tied up by hunters in a jungle to be killed by a tiger. This is a lure to ...
- Kill - Kill (A). The slaying of some animal, generally a bullock, tied up by hunters in a jungle, to ...
- tiger - tiger tiger, large carnivore of the cat family, Panthera tigris, found in the forests of Asia. ...
- Sri Lanka - Learn about the history, geography and culture of Sri Lanka and find statistical and demographic information.|Information on Sri Lanka — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: T - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "T"