Ticket of Leave
(A). A warrant given to convicts to have their liberty on condition
of good behaviour.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Ticket of Leave from Infoplease:
- ticket of leave: meaning and definitions - ticket of leave: Definition and Pronunciation
- Ticket of Leave - Ticket of Leave (A). A warrant given to convicts to have their liberty on condition of good ...
- Tom Taylor - Taylor, Tom Taylor, Tom, 1817–80, English dramatist and editor. His most famous play is Our ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index thwack thwart Thwing thy Thyatira Thyestes thylacine thylakoid thyme thymectomy ...
- Heavy Man - Heavy Man (The), in theatrical parlance, means an actor who plays foil to the hero, such as the ...