Thirty Years' War
A series of wars between the Catholics and
Protestants of Germany in the seventeenth century. It began in Bohemia
in 1618, and ended in 1648 with the “peace of Westphalia.”
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Thirty Years' War from Infoplease:
- Thirty Years' War: meaning and definitions - Thirty Years' War: Definition and Pronunciation
- Sweden - Learn about the history, geography and culture of Sweden and find statistical and demographic information.|Information on Sweden — map of Sweden, geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, and the national flag.
- Thirty Years War - Thirty Years War Thirty Years War, 1618–48, general European war fought mainly in Germany. ...
- Thirty Years War: Bibliography - Bibliography See studies by S. R. Gardiner (1874, repr. 1968); C. R. L. Fletcher (1903, repr. ...
- Thirty Years War: The Aftermath - The Aftermath The general results of the war may be said to have been a tremendous decrease in ...