(in Orlando Furioso), sister of Constantine, the Greek
Emperor. Greatly enraged against Rogero, who slew her son, she vowed
vengeance. Rogero, captured during sleep, being committed to her hands,
she cast him into a foul dungeon, and fed him on the bread of
affliction till Prince Leon released him.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Theodora from Infoplease:
- Theodora: meaning and definitions - Theodora: Definition and Pronunciation
- Theodora - Theodora Theodora , d. 548, Byzantine empress. Information about her early career comes from the ...
- Theodora - Theodora (in Orlando Furioso), sister of Constantine, the Greek Emperor. Greatly enraged against ...
- teddy: meaning and definitions - teddy: Definition and Pronunciation
- Blues and Greens - Blues and Greens Blues and Greens, political factions in the Byzantine Empire in the 6th cent. They ...