(Alfred). Bard of Arthurian Romance. His poems on the legends of King Arthur are - (1) The Coming of Arthur; (2) Geraint and Enid; (3) Merlin and Vivien; (4)Lancelot and Elaine; (5) The Holy Grail; (6) Pelleas and Ettare; (7) Guinevere; (8) The
Passing of Arthur. Also The Morte d' Arthur, Sir Galahad, The
Lady of Shallott. (1810-1892.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Tennyson from Infoplease:
- Tennyson: meaning and definitions - Tennyson: Definition and Pronunciation
- Tennyson, Alfred Tennyson, 1st Baron - Tennyson, Alfred Tennyson, 1st Baron Tennyson, Alfred Tennyson, 1st Baron , 1809–92, English ...
- Alfred, Lord Tennyson - Biography of Alfred, Lord Tennyson, The Victorian poet who wrote "The Charge of the Light Brigade"
- August 6 Birthdays: Alfred Tennyson - August 6 birthdays: Alfred Tennyson, Robert Mitchum, Richard Hofstadter, Andy Warhol, Alexander Fleming, Helen Jacobs, Lucille Ball
- Tennyson, Alfred Tennyson, 1st Baron: Bibliography - Bibliography See biographies by his son H. Tennyson (4 vol., 1897), his grandson C. Tennyson (1949, ...