Temple of Solomon
Timbs, in his Notabilia, p. 192, tells us that the
treasure provided by David for this building exceeded 900 millions
sterling (!). The building was only about 150 feet long and 105 wide.
Taking the whole revenue of the British empire at 100 millions sterling
annually, the sum stated by Timbs would exhaust nine years of the whole
British revenue. The kingdom of David was not larger than Wales, and by
no means populous.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Temple of Solomon from Infoplease:
- Temple of Solomon - Temple of Solomon Timbs, in his Notabilia, p. 192, tells us that the treasure provided by David for ...
- algum - algum algum , or almug, precious wood mentioned in the Bible (2 Chron. 2.8; 9.10,11), used in the ...
- Knights Templars, in medieval history - Knights Templars Knights Templars , in medieval history, members of the military and religious ...
- temple, edifice of worship: Jewish Temples - Jewish Temples The temple of Solomon at Jerusalem, the only known monumental structure of the ...
- King Solomon - Biography of King Solomon, Builder of the Temple of Solomon
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring