called The Water-Poet, who confesses he never learnt so
much as the accidence. He wrote fourscore books, and afterwards opened
an alehouse in Long Acre. (1580-1654.)
Taylor, their better Charon, lends an oar,
Once swan of Thames, though now he sings no more.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Taylor from Infoplease:
- Zachary Taylor - Taylor, Zachary Taylor, Zachary , 1784–1850, 12th President of the United States ...
- Taylor: meaning and definitions - Taylor: Definition and Pronunciation
- Elizabeth Taylor - Taylor, Elizabeth Taylor, Elizabeth, 1932–, Anglo-American film actress, b. London. Regarded ...
- George Taylor - Taylor, George Taylor, George, 1716–81, political leader in the American Revolution, signer ...
- Isaac Taylor - Taylor, Isaac Taylor, Isaac, 1829–1901, English clergyman, antiquarian, and author, chiefly ...