Champions (a Welsh phrase), brave men
“You were good soldiers, and tall fellows.” —Shakespeare: Merry
Wives of Windsor, ii. 2.
“The undaunted resolution and stubborn ferocity of Gwenwyn. had long
made him beloved among the `Tall Men,' or champions of Wales.” —Sir
W. Scott: The Betrothed, chap. i.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Tall Men from Infoplease:
- The Tall Men (1955) - Starring Clark Gable, Jane Russell, Robert Ryan, Cameron Mitchell, Juan García
- Tall Men - Tall Men Champions (a Welsh phrase), brave men “You were good soldiers, and tall ...
- L, l: meaning and definitions - L, l: Definition and Pronunciation
- The Brothers Grimm: The Story of the Youth Who Went Forth to Learn what Fear Was - A certain father had two sons, the elder of who was smart and sensible, and could do everything, but the younger was stupid and could neither learn no
- Robin Hood - Robin Hood is first mentioned by the Scottish historian Fordun, who died in 1386. According to ...