Sword of God
(The). Khaled Ibn al Waled was so called for his prowess
at the battle of Muta.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Sword of God from Infoplease:
- Sword of God - Sword of God (The). Khaled Ibn al Waled was so called for his prowess at the battle of Muta. ...
- Khalid - Khalid Khalid (Khalid ibn al-Walid), d. 642, Arab warrior. He assisted the Meccans in attacking ...
- Anne Bradstreet: A Dialogue between Old England and New - Alas, dear Mother, fairest Queen and best, With honour, wealth, and peace happy and blest, What ails thee hang thy head, and cross thine arms, And sit
- John Milton - Paradise Lost: Book X - Thus they in lowliest plight repentant stood Praying, for from the Mercie-seat above Prevenient Grace descending had remov'd The stonie from thir hear
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: S - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "S"