(Gaelic). The heavy pouch worn in front of the philibeg of a
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Sporran from Infoplease:
- sporran: meaning and definitions - sporran: Definition and Pronunciation
- Sporran - Sporran (Gaelic). The heavy pouch worn in front of the philibeg of a Highlander's kilt. Source: ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index SPF sp. gr. sphaeristerium sphaero- sphagnous sphagnum sphalerite S phase sphecid ...
- Highlands - Highlands Highlands, mountain region in the northern extremity of Scotland. It consists roughly of ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: S - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "S"