or Spa Water. A general name for medical springs. So
called from Spa, in Belgium, in the seventeenth century the most
fashionable watering-place in Europe.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Spa from Infoplease:
- spa: meaning and definitions - spa: Definition and Pronunciation
- health spa: meaning and definitions - health spa: Definition and Pronunciation
- Spa - Spa Spa, commune (1991 pop. 10,140), Liège prov., E Belgium, in the Ardennes. Its ...
- Alternative Vacations - Check out these alternative vacations.
- Royal Leamington Spa - Royal Leamington Spa Royal Leamington Spa , town (1991 pop. 42,953), Warwickshire, central England, ...