a narrow sea, is the Anglo-Saxon sund; hence such words as
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Sound from Infoplease:
- sound: meaning and definitions - sound: Definition and Pronunciation
- sounding: meaning and definitions - sounding: Definition and Pronunciation
- stereophonic sound - stereophonic sound stereophonic sound, sound recorded simultaneously through two or more electronic ...
- Øresund - Øresund Øresund or the Sound,Swed. Öresund, c.45 mi (70 km) long, strait between ...
- Parry Sound - Parry Sound Parry Sound, town (1991 pop. 6,125), S Ont., Canada, on Parry Sound, an inlet of ...