Sons of the Prophets
Disciples or scholars belonging to the “college of the
prophets,” or under instruction for the ministry. In this sense we call
the University where we were educated our “Alma mater.” (See 1
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Sons of the Prophets from Infoplease:
- Sons of the Prophets - Sons of the Prophets Disciples or scholars belonging to the “college of the prophets,” ...
- Shear-jashub - Shear-jashub Shear-jashub [Heb.,=a remnant shall return], in the Bible, son of the prophet Isaiah.
- 2 Kings: 2 - And it came to pass, when the LORD would take up…
- Death in the Pot - Death in the Pot During a dearth in Gilgal, there was made for the sons of the prophets a pottage ...
- 2 Kings - The Bible 2 Kings Ch. 1: Then Moab rebelled against Israel after the death… Ch. 2: And it ...