Son of the Star
[Bar Cochab]. A name assumed by Simon the Jew, in the reign of
Hadrian, who gave himself out to be the “Star out of Jacob” mentioned
in Numbers xxiv. 17.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Son of the Star from Infoplease:
- Son of the Star - Son of the Star [Bar Cochab]. A name assumed by Simon the Jew, in the reign of Hadrian, who gave ...
- Simon Bar Kokba - Bar Kokba, Simon Bar Kokba, Simon, or Simon Bar Cochba[Heb.,=son of the star], d. A.D. 135, Hebrew ...
- Jaden Smith - Biography of Jaden Smith, Will Smith's son and the star of the Karate Kid remake
- Adonai - Adonai Ado′nai Son of the star-beam and god of light among the Rosicrucians. One of the names ...
- Orange County - Orange County Director: Jake Kasdan Writer: Mike White Paramount Pictures; PG-13; 83 minutes ...