(A). A scratch race, or race without restrictions.
A confused bustle through lack of time; in a confused bustle. A
reduplicated or ricochet word.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Skurry from Infoplease:
- Skurry - Skurry (A). A scratch race, or race without restrictions. Hurry-skurry. A confused bustle through ...
- Hurry-skurry - Hurry-skurry Another ricochet word with which our language abounds. It means a confused haste, or ...
- hurry-scurry: meaning and definitions - hurry-scurry: Definition and Pronunciation
- Christina Rossetti: Goblin Market - Morning and evening Maids heard the goblins cry: 'Come buy our orchard fruits, Come buy, come buy: Apples and quinces, Lemons and oranges, Plump unpec
- The Little House - Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie 5 - The Island Come True The Home Under the Ground - 7 The Little House ...