The ancient name of the river Indus. (Sanskrit, syand, to flow.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Sindhu' from Infoplease:
- Sindhu' - Sindhu' The ancient name of the river Indus. (Sanskrit, syand, to flow.) Source: Dictionary of ...
- Tenth Khanda - 1. “These rivers, my son, run, the eastern (like the Ganga) toward the east, the western (like the Sindhu) toward the west. They go from sea to sea (i
- Sind - Sind Sind , province (1998 pop. 29,991,161), c.50,000 sq mi (129,500 sq km), SE Pakistan, roughly ...
- Indians - Indians American Indians. When Columbus landed at Cat Island, he thought that he had landed on one ...
- Sixth Adhyâya - 1. Harih, Om. He who knows the first and the best, becomes himself the first and the best among his people. Breath is indeed the first and the best. H