(A). A smoothtongued orator. A rough, unpolished speaker
is called a ram's horn.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Silver Trumpet from Infoplease:
- Silver Trumpet - Silver Trumpet (A). A smoothtongued orator. A rough, unpolished speaker is called a ram's horn. ...
- Burr, Amelia Josephine - Educated at Hunter College in the City of New York. Miss Burr has published successively the following books of verse: "A Roadside Fire", 1913; "In De
- Ram's Horn - Ram's Horn (A). A loud, vulgar, unpolished speaker. A smooth-tongued orator is called a ...
- Sirach: 50 - Simon the high priest, the son of Onias, who in…
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: S - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "S"