(Jane). Sir Thomas More says, “She was well-born, honestly
brought up, and married somewhat too soon to a wealthy yeoman.” The
tragedy of Jane Shore is by Nicholas Rowe.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Shore from Infoplease:
- shore: meaning and definitions - shore: Definition and Pronunciation
- shoring - shoring shoring, placing of props or braces, called shores, against or beneath a structure for ...
- coast - coast coast, land bordering an ocean or other large body of water. The line of contact between the ...
- shore crab: meaning and definitions - shore crab: Definition and Pronunciation
- beach - beach beach, a gently sloping zone where deposits of unconsolidated sediments are subject to wave ...