in the satire of Absalom and Achitophel, by Dryden and
Tate, is designed for Sir Roger Lestrange. (Part ii.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Sheva from Infoplease:
- Sheva - Sheva Sheva , in the Bible. 1. Son of Caleb. 2. David's scribe: see Shavsha.
- Sheva - Sheva in the satire of Absalom and Achitophel, by Dryden and Tate, is designed for Sir Roger ...
- Machbenah - Machbenah Machbenah , in the Bible, son of Sheva.
- Beersheba: meaning and definitions - Beersheba: Definition and Pronunciation
- Shavsha - Shavsha Shavsha , in the Bible, David's scribe. Alternate forms are Seraiah, Sheva, and Shisha.