Pertaining to Shem, descendant of Shem, derived from Shem.
The Shemitic languages
are Chaldee, Syriac, Arabic, Hebrew, Samaritan, Ethiopic, and old
Phoenician. The great characteristic of this family of languages is
that the roots of words consist of three consonants.
or Shemites (2 syl.). (See above.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Shemitic from Infoplease:
- Shemite: meaning and definitions - Shemite: Definition and Pronunciation
- Shemitic - Shemitic Pertaining to Shem, descendant of Shem, derived from Shem. The Shemitic languages are ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index Shcharansky Shcherbakov she shea butter sheaf shealing shea nut shear sheared ...
- 1 Samuel: 6 - And the ark of the LORD was in the country of…
- Hyksos - Hyksos A tribe of Cuthites (2 syl.), driven out of Assyria by Aralius and the Shemites. They ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring