(Queen of). The Assyrians say her name was Macqueda, but
Arabs call her Belkis.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Sheba from Infoplease:
- Sheba: meaning and definitions - Sheba: Definition and Pronunciation
- Sheba, region, Arabian Peninsula - Sheba Sheba, biblical name of a region, called in Arabic Saba, of S Arabia, including present-day ...
- Queen of Sheba - Biography of Queen of Sheba, The wealthy queen who tested Solomon
- Bath-sheba - Bath-sheba Bath-sheba , in the Bible, wife of Uriah the Hittite. David seduced her, effected the ...
- Sheba, in the Bible - Sheba Sheba . 1. In the Bible, rebel against David. 2. Queen of Sheba, who according the the Bible ...