(2 syl.). The aspect of two planets when distant from each
other sixty degrees or two signs. This position is marked thus *. As
there are twelve signs, two signs are a sixth.
In sextile, square, and trine, and opposite
Of noxious efficacy.
Milton: Paradise Lost, x. 659.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Sextile from Infoplease:
- sextile: meaning and definitions - sextile: Definition and Pronunciation
- Sextile - Sextile (2 syl.). The aspect of two planets when distant from each other sixty degrees or two ...
- Trine - Trine In astrology, a planet distant from another one-third of the circle is said to be in trine; ...
- Bissextile - Bissextile Leap-year. We add a day to February in leap-year, but the Romans counted the 24th of ...
- John Milton - Paradise Lost: Book IX - Meanwhile the hainous and despightfull act Of SATAN done in Paradise, and how Hee in the Serpent had perverted EVE, Her Husband shee, to taste the fat