Seven Weeks' War
(The). From June 8th to July 26th, 1866, between Prussia
and Austria, for German supremacy. Italy was allied to Prussia.
Hostilities broke out between Austria and Italy July 25th, but the
Bavarians were defeated the following day (July 26th), The Treaty of
Prague was signed August 23rd, 1866, and that of Vienna October 3rd. By
these treaties, Austria was wholly excluded from Germany, and Prussia
was placed at the head of the German States.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Seven Weeks' War from Infoplease:
- Austro-Prussian War: meaning and definitions - Austro-Prussian War: Definition and Pronunciation
- Seven Weeks War - Seven Weeks War: Seven Weeks War: see Austro-Prussian War.
- Seven Weeks' War - Seven Weeks' War (The). From June 8th to July 26th, 1866, between Prussia and Austria, for ...
- 1800–1899 (A.D.) World History - 1800–1899 (A.D.) World History War of 1812 The Civil War Spanish-American War ...
- Zeppelin, Ferdinand, Graf von - Zeppelin, Ferdinand, Graf von Zeppelin, Ferdinand, Graf von , 1838–1917, German army officer ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring