(2 syl.). A title given to certain German princes. Those
princes who used to hold under the empire were entitled Serene or Most Serene Highnesses.
It's all serene.
All right (Spanish,sereno, “all right” - the sentinel's
countersign). Sereno, the night-watch.
“ `Let us clearly understand each other.' `All serene,' responded
Foster.” —Watson; The Web of the Spider chap. viii.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Serene from Infoplease:
- serene: meaning and definitions - serene: Definition and Pronunciation
- serenity: meaning and definitions - serenity: Definition and Pronunciation
- Serenity - Starring Nathan Fillion, Gina Torres, Alan Tudyk, Sean Maher, Jewel Staite
- Serene - Serene (2 syl.). A title given to certain German princes. Those princes who used to hold under the ...
- Drop Serene - Drop Serene (gutta serena). An old name for amaurosis. It was at one time thought that a ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring