in the Psalms. Mattheson, the musical critic, says the word is
equivalent to da capo, and is a direction to the choir to repeat
the psalm down to the part thus indicated.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Selah from Infoplease:
- Sela - Sela Sela or Selah[Heb.,=rock], in the Bible, unidentified town, S of the Dead Sea. Amaziah ...
- Selah - Selah Selah , obscure Hebrew word occurring many times in Psalms and in Habakkuk. Its derivation is ...
- selah: meaning and definitions - selah: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/selah - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Elias Selah HOLLIDAY - Elias Selah HOLLIDAY (1842-1936) HOLLIDAY, Elias Selah, a Representative from Indiana; born in ...