The Walter Scott of Belgium. Hendrick Conscience. (Born 1812.)
The Southern Scott.
Lord Byron calls Ariosto the Sir Walter Scott of Italy. (Childe
Harold, iv. 40.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Scott from Infoplease:
- Scott: meaning and definitions - Scott: Definition and Pronunciation
- Walter Scott - Scott, Walter Scott, Walter, 1867–1938, Canadian journalist and political leader, b. Ontario. ...
- Thomas Scott - Scott, Thomas Scott, Thomas, 1747–1821, English clergyman and biblical scholar. Ordained a ...
- Bobby Scott - Bobby Scott U.S. Congressman Born: April 30, 1947 Birthplace: Washington, D.C. Robert C. ...
- Monmouth: meaning and definitions - Monmouth: Definition and Pronunciation