Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and Iceland. Pliny speaks of Scandia
as an island.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Scandinavia from Infoplease:
- Scandinavia - Scandinavia Scandinavia , region of N Europe. It consists of the kingdoms of Sweden, Norway, and ...
- Scandinavia: meaning and definitions - Scandinavia: Definition and Pronunciation
- SCANDINAVIA AND ICELAND - Scandinavia, the most northerly region in Europe, is made up of Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and Finland. Together with the volcanic island of Iceland, th
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/scandinavia - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Scandinavia - Scandinavia Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and Iceland. Pliny speaks of Scandia as an island. Source: ...