The Koran says, at the judgment day everyone will be weighed in
the scales of the archangel Gabriel. His good deeds will be put in the
scale called “Light,” and his evil ones in the scale called “Darkness;” after which they will have to cross the bridge A1 Serát, not wider than
the edge of a scimitar. The faithful will pass over in safety, but the
rest will fall into the dreary realms of Jehennam.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Scales from Infoplease:
- scale, in cartography - scale scale, in cartography, the ratio of the distance between two points on a map to the real ...
- scale, in zoology - scale scale, in zoology, an outgrowth, either bony or horny, of the skin of an animal. The major ...
- scale, in weights and measures - scale scale, in weights and measures, instruments for determining weight, generally for other than ...
- minor scale: meaning and definitions - minor scale: Definition and Pronunciation
- pit scale: meaning and definitions - pit scale: Definition and Pronunciation