(3 syl.). A grave, phlegmatic disposition, dull and heavy.
Astrologers affirm that such is the disposition of those who are born
under the influence of the leaden planet Saturn.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Saturnine from Infoplease:
- saturnine: meaning and definitions - saturnine: Definition and Pronunciation
- What does it mean? saturnine - saturnine -- Listen to the pronunciation: WAV format or AU format Sylvia studiously avoided ...
- Saturnine - Saturnine (3 syl.). A grave, phlegmatic disposition, dull and heavy. Astrologers affirm that such ...
- William Butler Yeats: Under Saturn - Do not because this day I have grown saturnine Imagine that some lost love, unassailable Being a portion of my youth, can make me pine And so forget t
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index SASE Sasebo Saseno sash Sasha sashay sash bar sash chain sash cord sashimi sash ...