is Jireh-Salem, or Jerusalem.
“Melchisedec, King of Salem ... being by interpretation ... King of
peace.” - Hebrews vii. 1, 2.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Salem from Infoplease:
- Salem, in the Bible - Salem Salem [Heb.,=peace], in the Bible, royal city of Melchizedek, traditionally identified with ...
- Salem: meaning and definitions - Salem: Definition and Pronunciation
- Winston-Salem: meaning and definitions - Winston-Salem: Definition and Pronunciation
- Winston-Salem - Winston-Salem Winston-Salem, city (1990 pop. 143,485), seat of Forsyth co., central N.C., in the ...
- The Lords of Salem - Starring Maria Conchita Alonso, Clint Howard, Michael Berryman, Sheri Moon Zombie, Dee Wallace