[Sza-rim'-ner]. The boar served to the gods in
Valhalla every evening; by next morning the part eaten was miraculously
restored. (Scandinavian mythology)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Saehrimnir from Infoplease:
- Saehrimnir: meaning and definitions - Saehrimnir: Definition and Pronunciation
- Saehrimnir - Saehrimnir [Sza-rim'-ner]. The boar served to the gods in Valhalla every evening; by next ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index S, s Sa S.A.A. Saadi Saar Saarbrücken Saaremaa Saarinen Saarland Saavedra ...
- Boar - Boar The Boar. Richard III.; so called from his cognisance. The wretched, bloody, and usurping boar ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: S - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "S"