A religious sect; so called from Sabellius, a Libyan priest of
the third century. They believed in the unity of God, and said that the
Trinity merely expressed three relations or states of one and the same
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Sabellians from Infoplease:
- Sabellius - Sabellius Sabellius, fl. 215, Christian priest and theologian, b. probably Libya or Egypt. He went ...
- Sabellian: meaning and definitions - Sabellian: Definition and Pronunciation
- Sabellians - Sabellians A religious sect; so called from Sabellius, a Libyan priest of the third century. They ...
- Marcellus of Ancyra - Marcellus of Ancyra Marcellus of Ancyra , fl. 350, Galatian churchman, the most violent opponent of ...
- Novatian - Novatian Novatian , fl. 250, Roman priest, antipope (from 251), and theologian. He opposed the ...